Wednesday 12 November 2008

A visit to London

Well, I was in London this weekend and had a just fantastic time. I deliberately didn't take my camera as I was travelling super-light, so no exciting photos to share. Well maybe one, but my hostess will need to email it to me first!

I've been busy since I got back working with a couple of Etsy sellers to spruce up their shops in terms of the Queens English and I'm having a really good time in the process. My day job involves translating complicated scientifc information into words and phrases most people are familiar with, and hopefully a good read! One of my colleagues doesn't speak English as her first language and one of my favourite challenges at work is to polish up her documents without getting rid of her personal style and warmth. So I'm thrilled to be helping Etsians with the same task, and if you think I might be able to help you, drop me a line to katy@girlindustries.com. I used to be a bit of a music journalist back in the day and have always loved writing, so this is right up my alley.

Craft-wise, I'm working on some lovely home-fulled coasters in shades of grey and pastels for the market I'm taking part in at the Lighthouse on 6 December. A full line up of sellers is due to be announced any second over at Made in the Shade. Looking forward to it!

0 comments: