Sunday 25 January 2009

Happy Burns Night


2009 is official homecoming year in Scotland - everyone is cordially invited to 'come home' and celebrate everything that Scotland has to offer. I'm just home from attending an event at Glasgow Cathedral to mark the launch of homecoming, which officially runs from today until St Andrew's Day.


I was particularly surprised to note the company name of one of the participants in the concert - Joann Gilmartin, originally from the same part of Glasgow where I'm sitting right now, runs Glasgow Girl Enterprises out of California. Sounds eerily familiar! I hope some of the young performers from the concert go on to similar exciting ventures in future, I was very impressed by the standard of singing, recital and playing of traditional instruments.

Had I known in advance that the event was going to be streamed live on the internet, I would have let you know, but until I find someone who has recorded and is hosting it, why not enjoy some haggis, neeps and tatties and look out a few lines of Burns yourself?


1 comments:

scribblercraig said...

If you want some lines of Burns, drop by Twitter at www.twitter.com/ayrshirebard as there's a daily tweet of lines by Burns (also being used for fundraising for the new Burns museum - just $2 - but that's only for the weekend)