Saturday 14 February 2009

Support OzBushfireAppeal.etsy.com

After chatting with my friend Liv in Melbourne and watching all the TV footage of the awful results of the bushfire in Victoria, I have been mobilised to help in any way I can.

I've donated one of my products to http://www.ozbushfireappeal.etsy.com/ and will be shopping from the wide range of products on offer in this new shop. Already they have raised more than $5000 AUS and the hard work and dedication of etsy seller feliciafairy is inspirational.

To donate a product, send a convo to the shop, and verify the email address to which you will have to send your product images, description, tags and price. Your product will then be uploaded, and when it sells, you will be contacted with the address for sending. All participating etsy sellers are funding the postage costs to keep things simple for buyers.


As a buyer, all you have to do is browse, buy and wait for your goodies. It's a great opportunity to get free shipping on all manner of items, truly the best of etsy. Etsy admin have approved the appeal, and money transfers from PayPal (banked every Monday, first payment to be transferred 16 February) are shown clearly on the donation website.


For the record, I donated my most-hearted item, these upcycled envelopes made from Laura Ashley wallpaper. As of lunchtime on Saturday, they're uploaded and ready for sale.


Update on 15 Feb: my envelopes sold! Thank you to the generous buyer. Missed out? Get more here.

0 comments: