Friday 21 August 2009

Holiday plans

I can’t wait to check out all the crafty goings on I have planned for my hols this year. Since visiting the handmade community in Gatlinburg, TN, a couple of summers ago, crafting, thrifting and shopping have become a permanent feature on my road trip to-do lists.

This year I’m planning to stock up on buttons in Vancouver, to shop ‘til I drop at the famous Saturday Market in Portland, OR, and to find lots of new and unknown-to-me goodies in Seattle.

In light of this, I’m planning a big destashing in my shop over on Etsy. I have upcycled fabric bundles, new fabric packs, button packs and ribbons aplenty. Although I'm not entirely sure when I'll find some spare time to photograph and describe them. I'll just leave you with the thought that when they are done, they'll be perfect for making small embellished pouches, patchwork cushions, new and unusual plushies, or even just a bit of mixed media art.

Check back here probably at the start of October to find out when they'll be up on sale. I'd love to help you get a head start on all your holiday crafting (I know, I know but Winifred Robinson mentioned Christmas Shopping on Radio 4 on Wednesday lunchtime, you can't blame me!)

0 comments: