Sunday 6 September 2009

Pay It Forward Update

It's lovely to see little ripples of crafty altruism spreading out across the internet! And it's time for an update on paying it forward progress.

First up in the volunteering stakes was Marceline, who reposted the challenge on her blog, Asking For Trouble. As well as showcasing her work here, Marceline is one half of the blogging team Super Cute Kawaii - the home of my favourite Frenchman, M Le Bun and lots of competitions at the moment, I urge you to take a look - she is also a driving force behind the Glasgow Craft Mafia and also squeezes in time to champion music new and not so new over at Diskant.


Considering all this, I set out to create something suitably cute, with some kind of Japanese influence, that was (in true Girl Industries style) useful and ornamental. I started to pay close attention to potential clues and pointers from Mar-C's twitter, blog and even real-life conversations (for which there is no link!). My ears pricked up when she mentioned a handknit laptop sleeve she obtained on her holidays, and that she was looking for a new DS case.

Last Friday night I finished another project I was working on, and had a whole ball of wool spare, in this lovely chocolate brown colour. I also had felt on my mind as I was trying to remember to pass on some felt to Miss Crafty as part of a swap we did ages ago...




Suddenly, it all clicked into place. I hunted around on the internet for that thing that looks like a weetabix with fangs, was delighted to find out that it is called Domo-kun and is a Japanese TV mascot. Ding ding ding ding ding jackpot! Here's my version of the TV character, all he needs is his lining and he's good to go.


Now for the next Pay it forward-er on the list...

2 comments:

glitterysah said...

Awwww, he is so cute! I love his wee gnashy teeth and button eyes, I'm sure she'll be over the moon! x

marceline said...

hurray! I can't wait :)