Sunday 16 January 2011

Looking back


I'm home alone today, and doing a little bit of work on our huge family archive of photographs. Here are a couple of photographs from our travels in the last couple of years that I thought I would share with you...



At the moment I'm looking thorugh photos of our trip to Vancouver Island in 2009, and admiring some of the quilting exhibit at the Sooke Heritage Museum, which was a lovely little spot to visit not far from the house on a lake that we rented for a week. I have a number of sewing projects on the go at the moment, and this little wagon is encouraging me to get a move on! It's part of a larger quilt to illustrate the history and scenery of Vancouver Island, which was 'discovered' just over 160 years ago, with much indigenous history prior to that.


One of my Christmas presents was a negative scanner so I can digitise my old fashioned analogue snaps, which is a project I can see taking quite a while...




0 comments: