Wednesday 5 October 2011

Window Shopping Wednesday

I was thinking the other day that I should really sort out my music collection, there are some records I haven't heard in ages and would really like to dig them out again.  Our CDs are all up in my husband's parents' loft, this was meant to be a temporary measure as we moved, but then our iTunes account imploded somehow, so we need to re-download them all. 



As most readers will know, we really have our hands full at the moment with two full time jobs, two homes, three businesses, one child and two cats to juggle, so digging out my 2000+ CDs is not a priority right now.  Yes, I have a lot of CDs.  In my defence, I used to be a music journalist and music was a big part of my life.  Fifteen years ago if I wasn't reading a book, writing notes and and listening to a CD all at the same time, I was probably asleep.  With the radio still on.  Instead, I am relying on 6music and of course my own wonderful (!!) singing voice to keep us going.  This recent treasury was inspired by the last song on Bjork's album Debut. 

I am still a little bit on edge when I see people making art with altered book pages (oh my gosh you can't write on a book!) but I am trying to relax about it a little bit.  This treasury marks an important step in my recovery, and I hope you enjoy it.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Anything inspired by Bjork is fine by me!! Great treasury . . . I'm going to go favourite it right now.

Girl_Industries said...

Glad you liked it, Erin.