Thursday 29 March 2012

Live day in the life...

I've lost track of where we're up to with Day in the Life and have a busy day ahead of me so I thought I'd have a go at blogging what I'm doing as I go. Today is my last child free day before I return to full time work, so I absolutely have to maximise it! Check back and keep me company...First of all, I've been having a coffee and reading a free magazine, where I spotted my former colleague, Rachna, and her amazing Indian food. If you haven't already sampled her Bombay street food at various farmers' markets around the central belt, I can totally recommend it.


Next on the list is to scrapbook all my wedding memorabilia, so I can go from this...

To this...


Time for another cuppa first... Which reminds me, I have a contest to enter over at www.blu-shed.blogspot.com


For the first time in about three years, I'm completely out of glue tape, so my scrapbooking efforts are on hold for the time being. And nothing goes back in the box the same way as before, so I think we could chalk this one up as a deferred success! It was lovely to look through my old wedding cards, though!


I've tidied the living room and kitchen and put the dishwasher on, next up is sorting through a container of supplies...



And look what just arrived! At long last! I'll update the shop shortly: www.girlindustries.etsy.com What an apt photo of Laurafallulah for today, it's lovely outside.



Lunchtime!



The actual petrol station where I had my first ever job was on the lunchtime news. Exciting! This is what mobile blogging was invented for, clearly.



So I've spent the afternoon at the post office, in the supermarket and browsing Red magazine. There's a lemon and chorizo chicken roasting in the oven, along with patatas bravas and a herby salad ready to assemble.

After collecting the baby and having some play time, the little one went to bed and I had dinner with my husband. I had a look at a couple of new treasuries on etsy featuring my work, then watched an episode of The Wire (we're late to the party, halfway through season 3). Today wasn't the most productive, but I had a very relaxing day, and there's always tomorrow...

0 comments: