Friday 17 August 2012

Buttons are in!

It's official.  I read it in a home decor magazine.  Buttons are going to be pretty popular this season. 

Photo credit: HK Living at Scandivis
 These button wall hooks are genius.  The large ones are £20 each which is a bit steep, but the little ones are £6.95 from Scandivis
Photo credit: aplaceforeverything.co.uk

I know this organiser is styled for the dressing table, but I can't think of anything more cute for organising little crafty bits and bobs.  Like, perchance, buttons?  Only £4 in the sale from aplaceforeverything - be quick!

Photo by LittlemouseLilly on Etsy    



I love the button heart motif on cushions, reminds me a little of the button hearts I made for my wedding way back in 2009.  Etsy seller LittlemouseLilly updates the concept with gemstones, what a tactile looking cushion.  Get it here.


Aplaceforeverything.co.uk

Back to aplaceforeverything.co.uk and this button storage box is ideal for stashing a handy sewing kit.  I can imagine this being great to have to hand for a little bit of hand sewing on the couch.  Anything that keeps my stash contained while I do a bit of 'mobile crafting' (i.e. anywhere but my craft room) keeps my husband happy.  I would totally balance my tea on that lid, too. 


Photo credit: Etsy seller Shop Archeologie

Another cushion from Etsy, this time Mallorcan seller ShopArcheologie.  I am missing my trip to the Balearics terribly this year, but there is something about this cushion that is very of its place, the white sand, the sun-bleached trees, the calm and gentle environment.  Just lovely. 


And of course I couldn't talk about buttons without mentioning that I am currently updating my vintage and upcycled button stock in my etsy shop.  I have been whittling down my collection as I continue to destash my craft room.  After last weekend's Give Craft Make event at the Tron Theatre, I decided to hold a huge sale in conjunction with the GCM blog so nip over and check out that code if you are ready for a massive discount on already generous destashing prices. 

0 comments: