Wednesday 10 October 2012

A proper Autumn day

...needs a proper winter woolly.  This week has been amazing for the crunch of leaves under your feet, and spooky morning mist.  It feels like the whole world is in sepia, which is exactly how I like it.


So it was a bit of a shock to me when I chose this bright purple colour for a new cardigan for Amelia.  Following the pattern has involved counting, subtracting, undoing, re-doing and the occasional bout of swearing, but I only have half of the front right half, and the sleeves left to do now and it's been worth it.


The yarn has a lovely glossy effect to it, and is cotton bamboo, so while it's quite splitty to work with, I'm hoping it'll wash and keep well.  I bought it on eBay via Minerva Crafts, who I can recommend highly.  I'm so impressed with the results so far that I might be making a few more of these for Christmas presents, luckily the pattern goes from birth to 7 years so there are a lot of little girls in our family falling into that age range!


0 comments: