Friday 23 November 2012

New zine update!

If you're friends with me on Facebook, you'll know I've been working on a new zine for a while, and I've been putting the finishing touches to it over the last week or so.

I gave myself the unofficial deadline of a friend's New York wedding, which tied in nicely with the theme of my new zine.  Then that deadline slipped slightly, and I got a bit caught up in the will they/won't they drama of Hurricane Sandy, which made landfall on the day of the wedding, which had been arranged to take place in Central Park.  After a couple of days of frantic re-arranging, it eventually took place on the steps of the Met - both glamorous and romantic, and the photos were stunning.

So when I attended the post-wedding celebration party in Cardiff earlier this week, that became my absolute latest deadline and I only missed it by a few days...

Unusually, for someone who studied English Literature to Masters level, I never read much American literature until I actually lived there.  Now whenever I want to get in that New York state of mind, I just crack open one of my favourite novels, travel guides or history books, and I wanted to share them with people who love them as much as I do, or love the city, or the five boroughs or the whole entire state and want to be transported there every now and again.

For a limited time, a PDF version is available for a bargain $1, and the printed version is available to pre-order for $3.  First copies will ship on Monday, and are available exclusively in the girlindustries etsy shop.  The zine is 40 pages long, in black and white with a limited edition colour front cover.  It's A6 size, so handy to travel with or to pop in a Christmas stocking.  I've tried to write about the books in a way that introduces them, gives you an idea of what they are about and also a bit about why I love them so much and chose to include them in the zine, but WITH NO SPOILERS.

Now for the next project, watch this space...


0 comments: