Wednesday 6 February 2013

Apologies if you already know this..

...but did I tell you my friend was nominated for an Oscar?  Way back at university, when Shine 6 was the coolest compilation on the planet , I presented a show on student radio alongside this guy from up north with a totally unexpected San Francisco accent, who I met through having a ridiculous crush on his flatmate.  In 1999 when we graduated, he went to Cali while I flew out to live on the East coast.  When I came back to the UK, he stayed on in Hollywood, I got myself a blog, he got an entry on IMDB and the rest is history.

On the 24th of this month I'll be glued to the TV.  Here's a link to a photo of my buddy stood next to KATHRYN FREAKING BIGELOW at the NOMINEES FREAKING LUNCHEON.  No, not De Niro, the other side.  To say I'm excited is an understatement.  Go team Silver Linings!  Bigelow: gold outfit, right of photo, by the way.

0 comments: