Monday 16 March 2009

Cataloguing

I've been busy for the last week or so with a huge task, of which I'm about a third of the way through. I've been very lucky recently to have come into a supply of yarn. A big supply of yarn. Three bin bags full of yarn (we're talking 50 litres plus) from a colleague who had odd skeins left over from literally tens of projects, and someone on freecycle who didn't like posh yarns as much as my colleague, but has definitely given me plenty of acrylic to turn into turtles over the course of the year. Of course, this is all in addition to the probably two bin bags (a big-ass drawer full and a hol-full) that I was already hoarding.

I'm still only halfway through my big count (and a little scared to continue). Now I know in bag-fulls how much I have, I'm a little scared to break it down to colours, balls and grams. But never fear, I will do it! I've decided for this year that I'm going to challenge myself to try to get it used up and transformed into lovely new things to make and sell. One of the reasons I want to count up how many balls of yarn there are is to make sure that I make at least one of my Innocent hats for charity for every ball I have been lucky enough to receive. I managed to make around 20 for Innocent last year, and would like to triple that this year.

Photos of the stash will follow, but I'm blogging from the couch tonight and for reasons too tedious to explain, the photos are on the other laptop, which I can't use on the couch. It's a Monday... that's my excuse!

0 comments: