Monday 18 January 2010

Made by Hank


However she spells her name, Katie Henry is one talented lady. I already own a few handly little pouches in the tough ruffles style, along with a pencil pouch and a little trim pouch which is the best home ever for my darning needle.

I digress, but I've managed to have my darning needle for 15 years, in four different countries, without losing it. As a serial loser of things, this is really quite amazing. I'm even happier that it'll never get lost now it's in its lovely pouch. And even lovelier is that said little trim pouch was a gift when I bought my pencil pouch and original tough ruffles pouch in cocoa and chocolate.

And now, after months of waiting and watching, I was in the right place at the right time and managed to grab myself this wonderful bag. Which will be a much-appreciated birthday present from my lovely husband.

I love to read Katie's blog, which is the best place to get a heads up on lovely goodies becoming available. Her photography is wonderful and the crisp, clear colours of the bags she produces remind me of the macarons featured heavily over at another favourite blog, Domestic Sluttery.

Back to Made by Hank, I love everything about this shop, down to the little plastic dinosaur gift with purchase and the wonderful wooden tags on every little bag Katie makes. I think one year I'm going to buy all of my friends a little pouch of their own for Christmas, what a wonderful present that would be. Go and browse her shop right now this minute, you're bound to find something you like, whether for yourself or to give as a gift any time of the year.

0 comments: