Thursday 30 July 2009

Getting things done - the round up!


Did you see me over on the McEtsy blog? I'm also featured by Domestic Sluttery as part of her feature on The Oriental Magpie, a new Girl Industries stockist.

So July was a month for getting things done... So how did I do?

I'm up to date with wedding crafts having completed all my button hearts for our pew ends during the ceremony. I've even gone a step further and having picked out our menu for the wedding breakfast, I've printed up some nice menu cards using the same font as our invitations. I'm looking forward to receiving my fantastic handmade favours from The Other Mousie, and spending an afternoon packaging them up with love and neat handwriting with my matron of honour, Suzie.

I finally submitted my Rhonda's Recycled Challenge piece, right down to the wire due to procrastination and a hangover. Shame on me. I think my problem was that I knew exactly what I wanted to do, but then couldn't get around to making it for real, in case it turned out totally differently. I'm happy with the way it turned out, in the end.

I'll be stepping down from my events organising duties over at the Glasgow Craft Mafia as things get more hectic around the wedding. In the meantime, I'll be keeping up to date with the mafia via the awesome forum (worth the membership fees alone, but good for browsing the public sections, too) and the blog.

0 comments: