Tuesday 28 July 2009

Knitting for charity


It's about that time of year again when I start to think about knitting these guys on behalf of Innocent, and their work for British charity Age Concern. Innocent have confirmed that the project is running again this year, so I'll be having a good sort out of all my odds and ends of wool and putting them to good use.

The closing date is usually some time in October, so while it seems strange to be thinking about woolly hats while it's such lovely weather out, I'll need to get cracking because I'll have to post them before the wedding, or I won't be back from honeymoon in time to send them! Wish me luck!

For those of you who can't make the October deadline, and are looking for another charity project, or those of you who have a bit more time on your hands to do your bit, get yourself over to the haberdashery counter at your nearest John Lewis. If you're like me, you won't need any encouragement (my stash grew considerably during their recent £1/ball clearance sale!). Available at every counter, on a monthly basis, are patterns for you to knit up and donate to a charity for neonatal care. I've never needed an excuse to go into John Lewis, but this clever plan means I'll be in at least every month to check out the latest project.
I'd love to hear your charity knitting projects, don't be shy and post them here.
Also, I just found this great place called Yarnbank to help you find wool for those larger charity knitting projects. What a great idea!

1 comments:

Sara said...

Hello there! I am knitting hats for Innocent too but mainly I knit items to sell to raise funds for rescuing greyhounds.
www.Crafting4Greyhounds.blogspot.com