Wow! I'm more than halfway through my personal challenge to get rid of 500 things out of my house in 50 days and thought it was high time for an update.
One of my most successful destashes so far has been creating these gloves. Alright, so I was already onto a flyer when I made three new things out of four old things - but the good news is that one of them sold the minute I finished stitching it up, at last month's Handmade Haven organised by the Glasgow Craft Mafia.
I did pretty well at the market and said goodbye to 71 things. Although I am being a pedant as 50 or so of those things accounted for buttons from my button pick'n'mix. Thank you to Rhubarb Crumble for all the lovely photos!
I've also been keenly destashing my bathroom and using up my travel sizes, samples and partially finished toiletries and cosmetics (another 23 things, gone, and my skin and hair is looking pretty good, so I'm glad I made the effort to pamper myself!). I've also destashed a fair few untouched or lightly tested items on eBay.
I've now sold 58 lots on eBay, and that actually accounts for 95 things. I also used up two boxes full of pre-used packaging materials, only having to buy 25 new bubble mailers - success! As far as this post goes, that's a total of: 28 + 95 + 23 + 71 + 1, or 218 more things. I think I might be in some danger of hitting my target at the end of this month. In the meantime, we are still waiting for the purchase of our new place to be confirmed, but I'm not going to let that slow me down.