Wednesday 21 April 2010

A little contest...


I'm currently working on putting together the next issue of Answers on a Postcard and thought of a fun little contest. I originally had just over 12 questions to ask the contributors to the series, and some questions have been more popular with our correspondents than others, which means I think I'll have to double up on some issues to make sure my customers are getting lots of answers for their money, every time!

However, this will still leave me with a few additional issues to publish towards the end of the year. Before I write out to current contributors to ask them to think about some new questions, I'd appreciate your help...

Email me at katy (at) girlindustries (dot) com, or leave a comment on this post with your idea of a fun and interesting question to ask. I'll randomly pick an answer from the list to win a prize of a four month subscription (January - April, to help you get caught up) to the zine series, or a refund on your original purchase if you've already bought a subscription.

If I pick your question to be a theme for an issue of the zine, not only will I send you a copy of the issue in question as a little thank you, I'll also credit you as a contributor in the zine and online.

Of course I'm always looking for new contributors to get involved, so email me or leave your email address in the comments here if you haven't answered any questions yet. You get access to the contributor rate for subscriptions and zine issues, and the chance to impart your pearls of wisdom around the world - with copies so far being sent to the US, Europe and all over the UK.

You have until the end of the month, Friday 30 April, to get your thinking caps on, and leave your comments here. I can't wait to hear your questions and comments, so don't be shy!

3 comments:

marceline said...

How about something like, how do you hope to scale your business - eg hiring staff, or having your designs mass-produced, or licensing etc.

bron said...

I'd go for "what's your favourite tool/material/supply and how do you use it" - I couldn't function without my walking foot attachment for my sewing machine, for example - and maybe you could extend it to cover great places to source these things...

Nancy said...

I had a thought but don't remember if you already have a question like this. What is something that people would be surprised to know about you?

Hope you get lots of input!

~Nancy~