Wednesday 28 April 2010

Remember to take part in my contest

Which closes in just a couple of days!





In the meantime, have a look at these little notebooks I made, when I recently attended an introductory course on bookbinding.






It's really addictive, and the repetitive nature of cutting pages and sewing bindings is very relaxing. I'm looking forward to getting my own awl and doing a lot more practice. If you're based in the central belt, and fancy learning a new skill, then have a think about the lessons at the Owl and Lion Gallery in Edinburgh. Attendees at the taster session (including new Glasgow Craft Mafia member Frayed at the Edges) were warned that their courses are for learning and working, not drinking tea, eating cake and having a bit of a try at something. So your money will be well spent. And as they are based in the lovely Grassmarket, you can always go for cake and tea, or something a little stronger, afterwards!



Since attending that one session I've been experimenting with colours, papers, and threads for binding. I can't wait to learn more!

3 comments:

Lucy Jackson Designs said...

very nice :)
I got to see freyed at the edges book too, it looks like you had a good time.

Konnie Kapow! said...

wow those are fab!

Nancy said...

How fun! I wish someone would have a class like that around here!