Tuesday 7 May 2013

Putting my feet up in the garden


As we have been gifted with some lovely sunshine (and I actually sunbathed in Manchester yesterday, imagine!), I thought I would treat you all to a discount on something to read in the garden.  If you're new to the Answers on a Postcard zine series, they are themed little booklets, each based around a single interview question I asked of various creative types over the course of a year.  If you look in the top right hand corner of each issue's front page, you can see the names of a few businesses featured in each issue, to get a taster of what and who to expect.  The interviews themselves were so much fun to do, and the answers vary from wise, to surprising, to hilarious.  The first issue was a book review issue, and had a lot of info about some popular and less well-known papercraft, knitting, sewing and all-round making things books.  Issue 8 is mainly pictures of craft spaces - a theme I never get tired of!  There are 12 issues altogether, so definitely something for everyone.  If you just want to try one, they work great on an individual basis, but equally well as a series.  They're a bit addictive once you get started.

All my hard copy zines are reduced to half price - including subscription packs.  You could buy the whole series for $15 plus shipping - bargainous!   All digital zines are still $1, and my job for today is to make them instantly downloadable, using Etsy's new instant download feature.

***ETA  NY Zine is fully downloadable, but as you can only add 5 files to any one listings, AOAP digital zines will have a turnaround of 12-24 hours following purchase***

But for now, I'm heading into the garden to get the last of my seeds planted and contemplate pressure-washing the patio, which apparently is meant to be pink, and not sludgy grey.  No, much too much like hard work!  Back to relaxing.

0 comments: