Wednesday 13 May 2009

Wedding crafts


I've been fairly busy this last week or so with preparations for the wedding. I've started to make custom-sized handmade envelopes from plain brown kraft paper, which we'll stamp with our new personalised wedding stamp, before sending out with our invites at the end of the month.

I'm also getting stuck into decorations for the ceremony, which is taking place in a 17th century schoolroom. This huge wood-panelled room has floor to ceiling windows all along one side, with views onto a river and waterfall. I don't know how anyone managed to pay attention to their lessons with such a beautiful backdrop!

To complement the plain wooden chairs, I've been making pew-end decorations from nicely mis-matched sets of buttons. We'll hang them with brown ribbon on the near end of each row during the ceremony. Three down, eleven to go...




0 comments: