Sunday 15 January 2012

Getting organised in January

Calendar by 505 designs, at www.505design.etsy.com


What is it about January, and the feeling of being overwhelmed by stuff, emails, things to do?  I love a blank calendar and a year filled with possibilities, and I’m trying to reflect some of that in my home, my craft room , my shop and even my email inbox.  I’ve decided to put just about everything in my shop on sale, really clear the decks for the new year and some new ideas.  Of course, with the limited amount of time I have to work on my Girl Industries line, my new collection won’t be ready until Easter or thereabouts, but that works fine for me.

Like most people, we’re really watching our pennies here as well.  I’m undergoing the somewhat never-ending task of unsubscribing from a lot of the retail emails that I’ve signed up for in the vain hope of getting a deal.  Except it’s not a deal if you don’t really need it, so goodbye!  I’m also shopping from the freezer this month in another decks-clearing attempt, with the by-product of saving money, too.

Another two-for-the-price-of-one deal that helps me get organised and costs me absolutely nothing is this gorgeous and fully customisable calendar from 505 designs.  I have one copy at work so I can keep track of roughly where I’m meant to be, and another in my craft room so I can keep an eye on all the various goals I’ve made for myself this year.  I can’t help but be a little cynical – we’ll see how this lasts into April when I’m back at work 5 days a week – but for now, I feel a lot more like I’m on the straight and narrow after all the chaos and tiredness of December.  And I can’t wait to show you some sneak peeks of new products, too!

0 comments: